- The GWU is declaring industrial action in favor of its members within the Public Service Works Division.
- Better working conditions for Malta Armed Forces
- The GWU in a meeting with the leadership of ONE
- The GWU with a directive to its member care workers within SAMOC
- GWU Pensioners Association against HSBC fee increased by HSBC
- Covid 19 vaccine is a bright spot for many workers and industries
- The GWU Says Employers Should Pay For, Teleworkers’ Power, Rent, WiFi, And Other Home Costs
- The GWU’s proposal to prioritise bank employees for vaccination against Covid-19
- The GWU registers an Industrial dispute with the Court Agency
- GWU calls for an urgent meeting with One’s directors
- Official Response of the General Workers’ Union to the Budget 2021
- Hospitality and aviation are still most affected by the pandemic
- Il-GWU granted main recognition by the Land Registration Agency
- GWU instructs more industrial actions within the CPSU
- The GWU in a “cordial, satisfactory” meeting with Air Malta
- GWU Nurses appeal for the use of masks in public places
- GWU congratulates James Pearsel for his nomination as MCESD Chairman
- The GWU and Union Print laments the loss of a veteran journalist
- International Workers’ Day: GWU President’s Message
- GWU’s reaction to the social pact agreed between all social partners
- The 2nd Financial Packet: GWU’s reaction
- The GWU will not accept measures that go against established procedures and protocols
- GWU demands justice: “Whoever is responsible must be made to pay for their actions”
- GWU laments the demise of BOV’s former Chief Executive Officer
- GWU calls for urgent MCESD meeting to discuss the Covid-19 pandemic
- GWU lifts all Healthmark directives, after the Government presents its proposals
- GWU orders industrial actions among all Healthmark employees within the public health sector
- GWU orders industrial actions within the NCPE
- GWU condemns racial hatred
- Joint Press Release between the GWU and the Ministry for National Affairs and Home Security
- GWU registers an industrial dispute at Mount Carmel Hospital
The GWU fee is 52euros per year and can be paid either by counter, by means of direct debit with a local-bank, online payment and if there is a representation of the Union at the place of work it can be paid by monthly instalments deducted from your wage by means of a check-off system.
As soon as you subscribe as a member, the GWU offers the service of the Section Secretary both on Collective and Individual issues at your work place and the discount schemes to our members issued from time to time by the Organisation. After 6 months of full paid membership, the member is entitled to use the services of our lawyers in matters related to Industrial Relations.
The contact number of the GWU is 25679200 or email at email@example.com.
Contact can be made by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, leaving your contact details, your place of work , the query or problem, and our team will contact you to organise the meeting with the Section Secretary. The Section Secretary depending on the merit of the case will then if needed, make the appointment with the lawyer.
- A collective agreement is a law binding agreement negotiated by Trade Union and the employer. It defines the obligations, benefits and rights of the employees listed in the agreement.
The Trade Union Recognition is the process in terms of the Recognition of Trade Unions Regulations (SL452.112), whereby recognition is granted to the Trade Union with most members within the place of work.
- Yes, In accordance with the article 42 of the Constitution, "no person shall be hindered in the enjoyment of his freedom of peaceful assembly and association, that is to say, his right peacefully to assemble freely and associate with other persons and in particular to form or belong to trade or other unions or associations for the protection of his interests".