- Il-GWU granted main recognition by the Land Registration Agency
- GWU instructs more industrial actions within the CPSU
- The GWU in a “cordial, satisfactory” meeting with Air Malta
- GWU Nurses appeal for the use of masks in public places
- GWU congratulates James Pearsel for his nomination as MCESD Chairman
- The GWU and Union Print laments the loss of a veteran journalist
- International Workers’ Day: GWU President’s Message
- GWU’s reaction to the social pact agreed between all social partners
- The 2nd Financial Packet: GWU’s reaction
- The GWU will not accept measures that go against established procedures and protocols
- GWU demands justice: “Whoever is responsible must be made to pay for their actions”
- GWU laments the demise of BOV’s former Chief Executive Officer
- GWU calls for urgent MCESD meeting to discuss the Covid-19 pandemic
- GWU lifts all Healthmark directives, after the Government presents its proposals
- GWU orders industrial actions among all Healthmark employees within the public health sector
- GWU orders industrial actions within the NCPE
- GWU condemns racial hatred
- Joint Press Release between the GWU and the Ministry for National Affairs and Home Security
- GWU registers an industrial dispute at Mount Carmel Hospital
After the industrial actions were suspended, the GWU Secretary General states: “We’ll continue with these meetings and overcome all obstacles”
Thank you for choosing the GWU as the Union to protect and defend your interests.
Since 1943 Thousands of workers have recognized that the GWU has been their only protection against injustice and exploitation.
Over the years, the GWU has not only worked to eradicate injustice and exploitation but has willing succeeded in convincing today’s government to introduce measures to improve working conditions and quality of life of workers their families as well as the Maltese society.
This is a union that does not differentiate between ethnicity, political opinion, sexual orientation or what belief one adheres too. Any worker can choose to register without discrimination. This makes the GWU Malta’s largest organization which embraces’ diversity and social inclusion.
It gives us great satisfaction to see that this union not only continues to move on the previous steps by being vigilant and conscientious, but furthermore, continues to act against those who still try to reduce working conditions, It also works for the unemployed by introducing new conditions to improve and strengthen the quality of life for workers and their families. This vision continues to improve what we have been able to do till today, and what we strive to keep doing in the future.
Your GWU… your union!